7/14/13

what I love about sunday

I'm convinced that heaven is a lot like Sunday. And, I hope it is. Because Sundays are for worship & coffee. Sundays are for naps. Sundays are for quality time with family & friends. Sundays are for walks with Scout & barbecue on the back porch. Sundays are for watching golf with dad & making brownies with mom. Sundays are for lake days & hammocks.

If you can't tell- Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I could list hundreds of things that I love about Sunday. Most of my Sundays look something like this- 

The [Sabbath]: is observed among Christians on Sunday, as a day of rest and worship. Oh, how thankful I am for the Sabbath. Genesis 2:2-3 explains the Sabbath- "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done."

I am a firm believer that the Sabbath should not just be observed, but celebrated. We should rejoice in the fact that we get an entire day devoted to rest. We should take full advantage of this gift that has been given to us. God deemed this day as holy- it is divine, righteous and good; and for that, I will thank Him.

How grateful I am to have a day to recharge; a day to recover from the past week and a day to prepare for the next. I live for lazy Sundays that include quality time with family & friends. 

How grateful I am for today, Sunday, a day that was well spent eating lunch with a good friend, wandering around a bookstore, and watching a movie with my parents. 

That's what I love about Sunday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment